domingo, 15 de agosto de 2010

Tons of new features

A lot of new thing were implemented during the whole week! Both Andrew and me made ~30commits/day and result is impressive. This is what we did:

* Translation system major fixes. Now each plugin has it's own translation method, and also, if no locales were detected, a global fake-locale system will be used. Fixes in how strings were managed (now everything is done using unicode).

* Spanish locales. Yes! Andrew spent a day translating all plugins and main app, and now we have Jake-PyQT4 in Spanish! Test it, and report bad translated words, please.

* TAB fancy sorting. Using TAB to auto-complete commands is handy, but seeing available commands is a must-have feature too. Sadly, available commands were shown as a list of commands, separated by one white space. That was really hard to read. Now, using QFontMetrics, Jake-PyQT4 is able to print those commands in a really nice html table (just like Unix shell).

* Pastebin lib and Pastebin plugin were made. I use pastebin a lot, and I hate having to open my browser, go to www.pastebin.com, paste the text, and copy the link. So, I made use of pastebin APIs.

* More skins were added. Now we have black (as default), green, red, blue and white. Those skins were made in less than 15 minutes, so don't except any breath-taking design. QSS (skin system) is really powerful, but I'm not a designer. That's why I need a designer. If you're interested, please mail me.

* Multi-line commands were implemented. This was a blocking bug for Pastebin plugin.

* Major speed improvements. Stop using .toPlainText() all the time. More improvements are comming!

* In SVN: everything was moved to trunk folder. And two new folders were created (tags and branches). Forum guides on how to get Jake-PyQT4 were updated according to those changes, so, please go to forums and check them.




Currently, I'm working on the config system. There are some bugs that I saw, and I'd like to fix them asap. Once done, I'll be doing more libs & plugins.
A stable 1.0 version will be available really soon. Still no release date, but "soon" means soon, for real.

I'll write when config system is done, until then have a good time!

Bye!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario