lunes, 9 de agosto de 2010

Song download plugin available!

I haven't made much commits this weekend, but a lot of new features were added. How? Easy, but before I tell you how, I should say that plugins are just wrapper for libs. So, there is no need to actually understand a lot of python to make a plugin.
Said that, after finishing the urbandictionary lib, I spent a day or so teaching andresmcid some basic python and how plugins, configsystem and pluginsystem work, and he made both urbandicionary plugin and mp3-goear plugin.
I gave him SVN permissions, so you can even check his commits :)
And this is how both plugins look like:




I made some work on how plugins access their config. Before the actual change, accessing an item from a config was a real PITA. Config was saved as list with sublists, so you could perfectly have something like config[0][1][2][0][4]. Pretty scary for noobs, right? But now accessing an item is just as easy as everything else in Jake-PyQT4. You just need to call the config system this way: configsystem.value(config, 'plaintextcolor') and you'll get the value for the default color of plain text. I told you! A piece of a cake :p

Some options were added to main config, and also some bugs were fixed.
And finally, project status in sourceforge was changed from Alpha to Beta.
I'd really like to keep the good commit-rythm and make a stable release by the end of month. Of course, Not all plugins are going to be available, nor much skins, but that release will aim to a stable base release. Once that stability is reached, no major changes will be made to internal structure. This way we'll be able to start working only on plugins and skins.

Currently, I'm working on a filestube library, and once finished, andresmcid will make another plugin, so, just have a look from time to time to this page and you'll know it.

I'll write again this weeked. Until then, have a good time!

Bye!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario