sábado, 31 de julio de 2010

New plugins and more problems...

It has been a week since my last post. I didn't though that I was going to spend that much time working on only two plugins, but I have an excuse. Let's start from the beginning.

As I said in my last post, I was going to work on !google-maps-streetview and !google-maps-route plugins. I finished them both and you can see them in SVN. That's how !google-maps-route looks like:


You can also read a short description on forums (Yes! Jake-PyQT4 has it's own forums now! And a few more things). After finishing them I started testing and I noticed that my current implementation of the text area can't handle images sizes, and that's a really big problem. I'm thinking in possible solutions, and till now the only thing that I see kind-of-possible is a complete web browser (QWebView). That won't be easy to implement at all, because my actual code relies heavily on QTextCursor. Anyways, I'll be working on it. Let's hope that I'll make it.

Good news is that, as some of you may have noticed, this page now has a Screenshots, Downloads and Forum areas. Also, now Jake-PyQT4 has a forum. I started writing in it. There isn't too much to read for now, but I'll keep writing.  andresmcid will be acting like moderator (I can't do everything because of lack of time). He has already written a few posts here, and the forum rules here, so, make sure you don't make him angry or he'll delete your posts :p

So, what now?
I'll be working on the QWebView thing, but not at full-time. Maybe some of you know that I'm working on aMSN2, and billiob and me (main devs) want to release 0.1 ASAP. Anyways, this doesn't mean that you won't see commits. It's just that you'll see 1 commit per day rather than 5.

I'll write next post probably after finishing that QWebView thing. Till then, feel free to write suggestions/ideas/comments/whatever in forums, enjoy released plugins, test Jake-PyQT4 and most important, have a good time!

Bye!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario